New seasons bring fresh ideas and fresh starts…keeping your mind open to life’s possibilities and unlocking your fears & inhibitions to reach new heights. Plant those seeds in building your brand and growing your business.
Building your brand is a lot like farming ~ it’s a nurturing process that creates the foundation. Spring is the time for revitalization therefore now is the logical time to revisit making connections and building your personal and professional brand.
Branding is one of the largest factors in growing yourself and your business. It is the pinnacle of your company’s identity, wrapped up and given in a manner that is memorable, natural and alluring to your current and prospective clientele.
Personal branding is equally as important as your company’s brand. The knack to building your individual brand is important. When building your brand you need an identifying image, a distinct message and an authentic voice that is recognizable.
The importance of a personal brand is growing rapidly because now more than ever, we trust people more than companies. Audiences are accustomed to seeing advertising EVERYWHERE. It pops up in our searches, while trolling Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr etc. Now we have mobile billboards and scrolling ads on television shows. We are inundated with advertising and people sense companies are solely interested in sales and often feel violated by invasive advertising tactics. Personal branding opens the door to create a reputation and identity while maintaining trust and interaction.
However you decide to use your personal brand it is important to establish. Consider the following:
- Determine your style/area of expertise: What do you want to be known for? Develop a specific niche.
- Start writing/publishing: Build your reputation by showing your expertise. Become a trusted source of information.
- Build continuity between your online presence: Make sure all of your online profiles (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Tumblr etc.) are consistent with your personal brand.
- Book speaking engagements and develop case studies: Speaking engagements will help you establish a new audience and demonstrate your expertise. Developing case studies help you tell your story via previous clients and prove your level of expertise instead of simply promising what you can do.
- Build your contacts: Yep, in other words network! Many consider networking to be a daunting task but is important in growing your personal brand and business. Network online and in the real world. Interact with people in your industry, connectors and anyone who can help spread the word about your expertise.
It’s important to plant those seeds to reap the benefits. Like a garden it is going to take time, patience and dedication. You must continue to water the seeds in order to nurture your creation and develop your brand.
“To see things in the seed, that is genius.” ~ Lao Tzu
6 thoughts on “Planting Seeds to Build Your Brand”
Really Nice…valuable information! Good Read CLD!
Thank you Danielle!
Once again I’ve enjoyed the read. Looking forward to future posts from you Carrie D.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great job. I am look forward to your next post.
Good read Carrie! I think I need to rebrand myself and plant some new seeds! Keep Writing!